Spicy Sesame Green Beans
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- chopped chile pepper, such as jalapeño or habanero, to taste
Fill a large pot with water, place over high heat, and let come to a boil; add the salt. Pick the stem ends from the green beans and discard. Add the beans to the pot and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and run cold water to stop the cooking.
In a small skillet, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, sugar, and the chile, to taste.
Return the pot to low heat and add the soy mixture. Once it starts to bubble, add the beans and toss until heated through and well coated. Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
This recipe was printed from: