Spicy Peanut Slaw
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 medium head napa cabbage
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Sriracha hot chili sauce
Peel off any blemished outer leaves from the head of cabbage and discard. Starting at the leafy end, slice the cabbage crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Stop slicing when you are about 2 inches from the core end. You should get about 8 cups of shredded cabbage. Place in a large bowl.
Cut off the hairy root end of the scallion and discard. Peel the outer membrane of the scallion and discard that as well. Wash. Thinly slice the white and light green parts and add to the bowl.
Pick 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves, wash, and pat dry. Coarsely chop and add to the bowl.
Chop the peanuts and add to the bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sesame oil, and Sriracha. Pour over the slaw and toss well with tongs.
This recipe was printed from: