Shrimp Salad with Tomato, Avocado Salsa
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 20)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 head butter lettuce
Fill a medium saucepan with water about 1 inch from the top. Place on the stove, turn the heat on to medium-high, and let come to a boil. Fill a medium bowl with ice water.
Add the shrimp to the saucepan and gently simmer until the shrimp are opaque throughout, about 2 minutes (you can cut into one to make sure they are cooked through). Drain the shrimp and add to the ice water to cool. Lift the shrimp onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pat dry.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper (about 6 turns on pepper mill). Chop the tarragon and chives (or you can use scissors to snip them instead) and add to the bowl. Cut the tomatoes in
half and add to the bowl. Dice the avocado, add to the bowl, and gently stir to combine.
Wash and spin dry the lettuce leaves. Divide the lettuce and shrimp among plates and spoon the salsa over the tops.
This recipe was printed from: