Couscous Salad with Chickpeas, Tomatoes and Mint
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Vegan
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1¼ cups very hot tap water
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the couscous and water, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Add the scallions, chickpeas, tomatoes, mint, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper (12 turns on pepper mill) to the bowl and toss.
This recipe was printed from: