Lamb Shoulder Chops with Mint Vinaigrette
Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- For the Mint Vinaigrette:
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- For the Lamb:
- 4 lamb shoulder chops, 1-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper (about 6 turns on pepper mill). Chop the shallot and add to the bowl. Pick the mint leaves from their stems and chop. Add to the bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Pat the lamb dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with the salt and pepper. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat on to medium high. Add the oil and heat until it shimmers (about 1 minute). Add the lamb to the skillet and cook to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
Serve with the Mint Vinaigrette.
This recipe was printed from: