Slammin’ Pasta with Clams
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Watch Video
- 2 teaspoons plus a pinch kosher salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 dozen Little Neck clams, scrubbed
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Fill a large pot with water 2 inches from the top. Place on the stove over high heat and let come to a boil; add 2 teaspoons of the salt. Cook the pasta according to the package directions (until al dente). Place a colander in the sink. Scrub the clams.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add the clams and wine and cover the pot. Cook until the clams open, about 8 minutes. Add the red pepper. While the clams cook, chop the parsley.
Drain the pasta, transfer it to a large serving bowl, and top with the clams and parsley. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil and salt to taste.
This recipe was printed from: