Ricotta Toast with Peas and Radishes
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves Serves 4
- 8 slices ciabatta or French bread (1-inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (2T. + 2T.)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 4 radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea or kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
Heat your broiler (with oven rack about 4 inches from the top) to high. Pour 2 tablespoons of the oil into a small bowl and, using a pastry brush, brush both sides of the bread. Place on a sheet pan and broil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Put the peas into a strainer and run under warm water until thawed, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Wash the radishes and trim both ends. Thinly slice the radishes into rounds and add to the bowl. Chop the parsley and add along with the salt, freshly ground pepper (about 6 turns on pepper mill) and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Stir to combine.
Dividing evenly, spread the ricotta over each toast. Top with the radish-pea mixture.
This recipe was printed from: