Rice Noodle Salad with Peanuts and Cucumber
Active Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 kirby cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/2 cup mix of fresh basil and mint leaves
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain into a colander.
Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, chili-garlic paste, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
For the romaine, peel away and discard any outer leaves that may be blemished. Then, cut the head of romaine crosswise into thin strips. Place in a salad spinner, rinse, and spin dry. Place the drained noodles on a large serving platter or bowl and scatter the romaine over the top.
Grate the carrots on a box grater or in a food processor using the grater blade. Scatter over the romaine. Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise then cut crosswise into half moons. Add to the salad.
Chop the herbs and peanuts. Sprinkle over the salad and drizzle with the dressing.
This recipe was printed from: