Crispy Baked Mustard Chicken
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 05 minutes | Serves Serves 4
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 400°F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment.
Take out 3 medium bowls. In the first one, combine the flour, salt, and pepper (about 24 turns on pepper mill). In the second, whisk together the egg whites and mustard. And in the third bowl, use your fingertips to combine the Panko and oil.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Working one at a time, coat a piece of chicken in the flour then dip in the mustard mixture to coat completely; shake off any excess before you roll it in the Panko. Place on the prepared pan.
Bake until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, 40 to 50 minutes (you can cut into a piece of chicken to make sure it is no longer pink).
This recipe was printed from: