Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour | Serves 4 to 6 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 2½ pounds (4 to 5 small) sweet potatoes (we used garnet yams)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 425°F.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cumin, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt.
Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them in half lengthwise, then cut them into steak fries about ¼ inch thick. Put them on a rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with the spice mixture and thyme and, using your hands, toss to coat. Spread in an even layer.
Roast, stirring once about two-thirds of the way through, until the seat potatoes are tender, caramelized, and a little chewy, 40 to 50 minutes.
This recipe was printed from: