Balsamic Swiss Chard with Pine Nuts and Garlic
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 large bunch Swiss or rainbow chard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Rinse the chard. Slice the stems crosswise into ½-inch pieces. Then slice the leaves crosswise into 1-inch strips. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and pine nuts and cook, stirring, until everything is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chard stems and cook, stirring, until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the chard leaves, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the leaves are wilted and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and serve.
This recipe was printed from: