Lemony Mushroom Salad
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1 pound medium button mushrooms (about 18)
- 1 cup grated Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Use a damp paper towel to wipe the mushrooms clean. (Don’t rinse- they will absorb too much water.)
Trim the dirty ends of the stems. Then slice the caps as thin as you can. Place in a large bowl.
Grate the cheese. Wash then chop the parsley. Add both to the large bowl. Juice the lemons, measure, and add to a small bowl. Then add the oil, salt, and pepper (12 turns on pepper mill). Drizzle over the mushroom salad and toss well with tongs.
This recipe was printed from: