Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Chimichurri
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Put the sweet potatoes in a steamer basket over 1 inch of simmering water and cover tightly. Steam for 30 to 35 minutes, until they can be easily pierced with a paring knife. Remove from the basket. When cool enough to handle, slice them in half lengthwise. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub to coat.
For the chimichurri, in a small bowl, combine the parsley and cilantro. Finely chop the shallot and add to the bowl, along with vinegar, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and the remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Stir to combine.
Heat the grill to medium-high.
Place the sweet potatoes halves cut side down. Grill for 5 to 10 minutes, until grill marks form. Flip over and grill 2 minutes more.
Transfer the sweet potatoes to a serving plate and drizzle with the chimichurri.
This recipe was printed from: