Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Chimichurri
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ of a shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling the potatoes
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for sprinkling the potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Put the sweet potatoes in a steamer basket over 1 inch of simmering water and cover tightly. Steam for about 30 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a paring knife. Remove from the basket. When cool enough to handle, slice them in half lengthwise.
For the chimichurri, in a small bowl, combine the shallot, parsley, cilantro, vinegar, 4 tablespoons of the oil, the salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
Heat the grill to medium-high.
Drizzle the sweet potatoes with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and rub to coat. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Place the sweet potatoes cut side down on the grill. Grill for 5 to 10 minutes, until grill marks form. Flip over and grill 2 minutes more.
Transfer the sweet potatoes to a serving plate and drizzle with the chimichurri.
This recipe was printed from: