Meatballs with Marinara
Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Serves Serves 6
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup low-fat or whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts of your favorite Marinara Sauce
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 375°F.
In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and milk. Let stand at least 5 minutes or until softened.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Add the ground beef and pork, Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper (24 turns on pepper mill) and the breadcrumb mixture. Combine with your hands until evenly mixed.
Using wet hands (to help prevent sticking), shape the mixture into 24 meatballs (about 2 ounces or ¼ cup each). Place into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
Pour the sauce over the meatballs and cover with foil. Transfer to the oven and bake until cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve sprinkled with a little more Parmesan.
This recipe was printed from: