Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Zucchini and Tomatoes
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound (peeled and deveined) large shrimp
- 12 fresh basil leaves
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in middle) to 425°F. Drain the beans in a strainer and run under cold water to rinse. Add to a large baking dish (9 by 13-inch).
Rinse the tomatoes, cut them in half, and add to the dish. Rinse the zucchini and trim the top. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise then cut crosswise into very thin half moons. Add to the dish.
Chop the garlic and add to the dish along with the oil, salt, black pepper (12 turns on pepper mill) and the crushed red pepper.
Add the peeled shrimp and toss everything together. Arrange in a single layer and roast until the shrimp is opaque throughout, 15 to 18 minutes. (You can cut into the thick part of the shrimp to make sure it’s cooked.) Stir in the basil and serve.
This recipe was printed from: