Chickpea Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumber & Feta
Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves 8 | Gluten Free
- 8 ounces chickpea (or regular) small pasta shells
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ of a medium red onion, chopped
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese, (about 1 cup, crumbled)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and pass under cold water to stop the cooking. Shake out excess water.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, olives, and parsley. Add the pasta.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss well. Crumble the feta over the top and serve.
This recipe was printed from: