Sweet Potato Wheels with Yogurt, Za’atar & Pine Nuts
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves 4 to 6 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 2 8-ounce sweet potatoes (Garnet yam or Japanese sweet potato)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons za’atar spice blend
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the lower third of the oven) to 425°.
Slice the potatoes into ¼-inch thick rounds and place on a rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil and toss to coat evenly. Arrange in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool a few minutes to room temperature.
In a small skillet, combine the pine nuts and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until the pine nuts are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and scallions.
To each sweet potato wheel, spoon on a small dollop of the yogurt mixture, sprinkle with some za’atar, and top with pine nuts.
This recipe was printed from: