Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes | Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1 medium yellow onion
- ½ cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1¼ pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken breasts, halved crosswise
- 5 teaspoons za’atar spice blend
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 425°F.
Thinly slice the onion and put into large ovenproof skillet. Spread the sliced onion into any even layer and add the wine.
Thinly slice the potatoes and layer over the sliced onion. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper.
Rub the chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle both sides with the remaining ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle both sides with the za’atar. Arrange the chicken over the potatoes.
Roast 55 to 60 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
Serve the chicken with the potatoes and onion.
This recipe was printed from: