Smashed Spicy Cucumbers
Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (chili paste)
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¾ teaspoon dark brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
In a small bowl, stir together the sambal, rice vinegar, grapeseed oil, sesame oil, sugar, and salt.
Cut the cucumbers crosswise into 1½-inch pieces. Using the side of a chef’s knife, gently smash each piece. Put into a serving bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Serve topped with cilantro leaves.
This recipe was printed from: