Roasted Butternut Squash and Tomato Pasta
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Serves 4 to 6 | Vegan
- 1¾ pounds butternut squash
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- ¾ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
Heat the oven to 425°F.
Cut the squash into ½-inch dice and add to a rimmed sheet pan. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Toss to coat then spread in a single layer. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the squash is tender and the tomatoes have burst.
In a large pot, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Right before you drain the pasta, scoop out ½ cup of the pasta water. Return the drained pasta to the pot. Add the roasted vegetables, nutritional yeast, and oregano. Stir well. If it’s a little stiff add a splash of water. Taste for salt; you may want to add a pinch more. Right before serving, stir in a little olive oil then top with some more black pepper.
This recipe was printed from: