From Double Delicious
Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes | Serves 32 cookies | Vegan
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg (or for vegan 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup black bean puree
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix together both types of flour, the spices, baking soda, and salt.
If you’re making a vegan version, combine the flaxseed meal with 2 1/2 tablespoons water. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, pumpkin, egg (or flaxseed meal mixture), and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Add the molasses and beans. Stir well. Slowly add the dry ingredients to form a smooth, soft dough.
Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared pans. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Do not over bake - this is a soft cookie. Cool on wire racks. Repeat with remaining dough.
This recipe was printed from: