Tomato and Ricotta Tart
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves Serves 4 to 6
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (We used Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher or flaky sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Cut the puff pastry sheet in half and place the rectangles on the pan. Using the tip of your paring knife, lightly score (without cutting through) a ½-inch border around the perimeters.
Cut the tomatoes in half.
Dividing evenly, spread the ricotta within the scored borders of the pastry sheets. Top with the tomatoes. Bake until the puff pastry edges are golden brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
Drizzle a little olive oil over the tops. Sprinkle on the thyme, chives, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Serve warm.
This recipe was printed from: