Smoky Chipotle BBQ Chicken
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves 4
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotles)
- 2 teaspoons less sodium soy sauce
- 4-pound chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, sugar, orange juice, adobo sauce, and soy sauce.
Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with the salt and pepper.
Heat the grill to medium. Place the chicken on the grill skin side up. Grill for about 10 minutes, or until the undersides are golden brown. Turn the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes more, or until the skin is golden brown with nice grill marks. Continue to grill the chicken, turning it as you like, for 5 to 10 minutes more, until cooked through. Baste the chicken with the bbq sauce then turn and baste the other side. Continue to baste and turn the chicken until the sauce is gone.
This recipe was printed from: