Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (with sweet potato or butternut squash)
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves Serves 2
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or plant-based cheddar cheese (We like Violife)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato or butternut squash puree
- 1 tablespoon butter or trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread or plant-based butter (We live Miyoko's)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or plant-based butter
In a medium bowl, mix together the cheese, vegetable puree, margarine, and salt. Spread two slices of the bread with the cheese mixture and top with the other two slices.
Place a large skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil or butter. Put the sandwiches in the skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, until the bread is crisp and the filling is melted. Cut into squares and serve.
This recipe was printed from: