Spice Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound thin carrots (about 12)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 of a lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 15 fresh mint leaves, torn
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in middle) to 425°F. Pour the chickpeas into a strainer and rinse. Then pour them onto a paper towel and pat them dry with another paper towel.
Peel the carrots. Cut them in half lengthwise (if they are large carrots, cut them in half again). Place them on a rimmed sheet pan. Add the chickpeas, too. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Using your hands, toss together then spread into an even layer.
Roast until the carrots are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer the roasted carrots and chickpeas to a serving plate. Squeeze the lemon over the top and drizzle with a little more oil. Dollop on the yogurt and tear the mint leaves and scatter over the top.
This recipe was printed from: