Smoky Chicken with Winey Beans
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless, skin-on chicken breasts (skin optional)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 400°F.
Season the chicken with the paprika, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper.
In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken skin side down and cook until the skin is golden brown and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the chicken, cook 2 minutes, then transfer to a plate. While the chicken cooks, slice the garlic and chop the rosemary.
Add the garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Stir in the rosemary. Quickly add the wine before anything burns. Scrape up the yummy brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the beans, lemon zest, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir to combine. Once it comes to a boil, place the chicken on top of the beans and pour in any remaining juices from the plate.
Transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (you can cut into the thickest part to make sure it’s no longer pink).
Serve the chicken over the beans.
This recipe was printed from: