Slow Cooker Lasagna
Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 3 hours 50 minutes | Serves Serves 6-8 | Watch Video
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 15-ounce containers fresh ricotta
- 2 cups grated mozzarella (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 16 lasagna noodles (about 3/4 of a 1-pound box)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups packed)
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt, red pepper and black pepper (12 turns on pepper mill). In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella and the Parmesan.
In the bottom of a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker, spread a thin layer of the sauce. Top with 4 of the noodles (breaking to fit as necessary.) Spread 1 1/2 cups of the sauce over the noodles and layer with 2 cups of the spinach and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture. Repeat twice more with the noodles, sauce, spinach and cheese mixture. Top with the remaining 4 noodles, sauce and 1 cup mozzarella.
Cook on low, covered, until the noodles are tender—especially in the center of the lasagna, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
This recipe was printed from: