Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple and Jalapeño
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 2 pounds pork shoulder or Boston butt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- 1/2 of a small pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 2 jalapeños, sliced into rings
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- toppings: cilantro, sour cream, lime
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 300°F.
Put the pork in a Dutch oven or large pot with a tight fitting lid. Rub with the salt, chili powder, cumin, and chipotle.
Trim the root and stem ends of the onions, quarter, and peel; add to the pot. Peel 1/2 of a pineapple (save the rest for another use) and cut into small bite-size pieces (about 2 cups); add to the pot. Slice the jalapeños in to rings and add to the pot as well. Cover with the lid and put into the oven. Roast until the pork is fork tender and can be shredded, 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Using two forks, shred the pork while it’s still in the pot and stir everything together. Season with a little extra salt, to taste. Serve with warm tortillas, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Or whatever else you like.
This recipe was printed from: