Cool Cucumber and Honeydew Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon less-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil, such as grapeseed or canola
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Small pinch kosher salt
- 1 small jalapeño or Thai chile
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 small honeydew (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cucumber
- Fresh cilantro leaves
In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, rice vinegar, tamari, oil, sugar, and salt.
Chop the jalapeño and peanuts. Add to the small bowl.
Cut the honeydew in half and scoop out the seeds. Use a spoon to scoop out bite-size pieces of the honeydew and arrange on a platter.
Cut the cucumber into 1-inch thick rounds. Using the side of your chef’s knife, press down on each piece to break into smaller pieces. Add to the platter.
Scatter the cilantro over the honeydew and cucumber. Drizzle the dressing over the top.
This recipe was printed from: