Chicken Nuggets (with Broccoli)
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
- 1 cup whole-wheat, white, or panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup broccoli or spinach or sweet potato or beet puree
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken tenders, rinsed, dried, and cut into small chunks
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, flaxseed meal, Parmesan, paprika, garlic, and onion powder and mix well with your fingers.
In a shallow bowl, mix the vegetable puree and egg with a fork and set the bowl next to the breadcrumb mixture.
Sprinkle the chicken chunks with the salt. Dip the chunks into the egg mixture and then toss them in the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Place the chicken nuggets in the skillet in a single layer, being careful not to crowd the pan, and cook until crisp and golden on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Then turn and cook until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crisp all over, 4 to 5 minutes longer. (Cut into a piece to check that it’s cooked through.) Serve hot.
This recipe was printed from: