Roasted Delicata Squash with Brown Sugar and Oregano
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1½ pounds delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 425°F.
Cut the squash(es) in half crosswise. Scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash into rings about ¼ inch thick. Put on a rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with the oil.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Sprinkle over the squash and toss to coat. Roast, without stirring, until tender and the undersides of the rings are caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve the squash, caramelized sides up.
This recipe was printed from: