Marinated Kale and Chickpeas
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 bunch kale
- ½ small red onion
- 12 sundried tomatoes (in oil)
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Tear the kale leaves into small pieces (about 10 cups), rinse, and spin; put into a large bowl. Cut the onion half in half again lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Drain the tomatoes then slice. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add the onion, tomatoes, and chickpeas to the kale.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss well to coat. You can eat it immediately or let it marinate. It will still be great the next day.
This recipe was printed from: