Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Serves 2 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into ½-inch pieces
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 400°F.
Pierce the sweet potatoes several times with the tines of a fork. Put the sweet potatoes on a sheet pan and bake until tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
Put the pine nuts in a small skillet and toast, tossing often, over medium heat until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the arugula, scallions, apple, avocado, and pine nuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and gently toss. Slice the sweet potatoes open and top with the salad.
This recipe was printed from: