Hummus Plate with Tomato-Cucumber Salad
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 2 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ of an English cucumber, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- To taste kosher salt
- ½ cup of your favorite hummus
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Pita (optional), for serving
To hard boil the eggs, place them in a small saucepan and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Turn the heat on to medium-high and let come to a boil. Remove from the heat, tightly cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. Then submerge the eggs into ice water to cool. Peel when ready.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Divide the hummus between 2 plates and spread to into an even layer over the bottom of each. Spoon the salad over the hummus. Cut the eggs in half and add to the plates. Sprinkle with cayenne and serve with pita.
This recipe was printed from: