Homemade Ketchup (with Carrot)
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves Makes 1 cup | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup carrot puree
- 1 cup water, plus more, if necessary
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, plus more to taste
In a medium saucepan, whisk together all of the ingredients over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring often, for a few minutes to let the flavors come together. Add a little more water if it is too thick.
Let cool. Serve with Mozzarella Sticks.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe was printed from: