3 Pepper Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 50 | Serves 2 | Gluten Free
- ¼ head (about) of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 thin round slices red onion
- 4 pepperoncini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until very finely chopped. Measure ¾ cup and put into a medium bowl. Add the chickpea flour and salt. Stir in ¾ cup of water and let stand for 20 minutes.
Heat the oven to 450°F. In a 9- or 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Pour in the batter and let cook until the underside is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the crust and cook for 1 minute. (It’s delicate, so the quicker the flip the better.) Remove from the heat.
Top with the mozzarella, bell peppers, onion, and pepperoncini. Drizzle with the remaining 1 of tablespoon oil.
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Top with the basil and red pepper flakes, slice, and serve. Eat with a knife and fork.
This recipe was printed from: