Spicy Zucchini Noodles with Shitakes and Sesame
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 2 pounds zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces shitake mushrooms
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ plus ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. Remove and discard the stems from the mushroom caps. Wipe any dirt from the caps with a damp paper towel. Slice the caps. Chop the garlic and slice the scallions.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and use tongs to toss in the oil. Add ¼ teaspoon of the salt and the red pepper flakes. Continue to toss while the noodles cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a large bowl.
Wipe out the skillet and return it to medium heat. Heat the sesame oil. Add the mushrooms and toss in the oil. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt and the soy sauce. Spoon the mushrooms over the noodles. Serve topped with scallions and sesame seeds.
This recipe was printed from: