Roasted Garlic Chicken with Tomatoes and Thyme
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (½ tsp. + ½ tsp.)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (¼ tsp. + ¼ tsp.)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4-pound chicken, cut up into 8 or 10 pieces- ask your butcher!
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 425°F.
Peel the potatoes (if you like - you don’t have to) and cut up into 2-bite-size pieces. Add to a large baking dish. Smash and peel the garlic. Add the smashed pieces to the potatoes. Rinse the tomatoes and thyme and add as well.
Drizzle with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper (about 12 turns on pepper mill), and the red pepper. Toss everything together with your hands and spread into an single layer.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season both sides with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Nestle the chicken among the vegetables. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, 50 to 60 minutes.
This recipe was printed from: