Green Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 perfectly ripe, large avocado
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus more for serving
- 6 chives, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and put into a blender. Wash, measure, and add the parsley leaves and chives. Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper (about 12 turns on pepper mill). Add the water and blend. If it’s still a little thick, add an extra tablespoon or two of water.
Discard any outer leaves of lettuce that may be blemished. Slice each head of lettuce crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Place in a salad spinner, wash, and spin dry. Wash the tomatoes and cut in half or in quarters if they are large.
Divide the lettuce and tomatoes among bowls. Spoon some dressing over each. Using scissors, snip a couple extra chives over each salad. You can do the same with the parsley.
This recipe was printed from:
Do it Step-by-step