Grilled Salmon with Tomato-Avocado Salad
Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- ¼ of a hothouse cucumber, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-ounce pieces salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, scallions, and tomatoes. Cut the avocado in half and score the flesh without cutting through the skin. Use a spoon to scoop out the pieces; add to the bowl. Add the dill, orange zest, orange juice, lemon, juice, and oil. Add ¼ teaspoon of the salt and add the pepper. Gently toss together.
Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil over the salmon (¼ teaspoon per piece). Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
Heat the grill to medium-high. Place the salmon on the grill (pretty sides down). Grill without touching for 5 to 6 minutes until they have nicely charred grill marks and release easily from the grate. Flip and continue to cook to desired doneness, 4 to 7 minutes more for medium (depending on thickness).
Serve the salmon with the tomato-avocado salad.
This recipe was printed from: