Cold Peanut Noodles
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves 4 to 6 | Vegan
- 12 ounces soba noodles or thin spaghetti
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 5 to 6 teaspoons chili-garlic paste
- Small pinch kosher salt
- 1 English cucumber
- ¼ cup roasted, salted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
Fill a large pot with water 2 inches from the top and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook the noodles according to the package directions (they should be al dente). Drain into colander rinse under cold water until cool. Shake out excess water. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, toasted sesame oil, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, chili-garlic paste, and salt. Pour over the noodles and toss well.
Quarter the cucumber lengthwise. Then slice crosswise into small pieces. Chop the peanuts.
Divide the noodles among bowls and top with the cucumber, peanuts, and cilantro.
This recipe was printed from: