Chocolate Coffee Balls
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves 10 to 12 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 cup old-fashioned gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (cold) espresso or strong coffee
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, for rolling
In a food processor, pulse together the oats, sugar, cocao powder, and salt, until finely ground. Add the espresso and vanilla and pulse to combine. Add the coconut oil and pulse until well combined (everything should hold together when pinched).
Pour some shredded coconut (about ⅓ cup) into a shallow bowl. Roll the chocolate mixture into small balls (about two bites worth) then roll in the coconut to coat.
This recipe was printed from: