Banana Bread (with Cauliflower)
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes | Serves 8 | Vegan
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat four
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup firmly packed lightly or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large egg whites (or, for vegan, 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed)
- 1 1/2 cup banana puree
- 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan, or 2 mini pans, with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix the flours with the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and oil with a wooden spoon until well combined. Mix in the egg whites, or if you are making this vegan, stir together the ground flaxseed and 5 tablespoons water; let stand until thickened, then stir in. Stir in the banana and cauliflower purees, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes for the large loaf, 25 to 30 minutes for the mini loaves. Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn the bread out of the pan to cool before serving.
This recipe was printed from: