Oatmeal (with Sweet Potato)
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves 2
- 1 cup nonfat (skim) milk or your milk of choice
- ¼ cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup sweet potato puree or canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons natural peanut butter (optional)
- Dried fruit and nuts (optional)
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
In a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, sweet potato, vanilla, if using, and cinnamon. Bring to a gentle boil and stir in the oatmeal. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the oatmeal is soft and creamy. Stir in the peanut butter, if using.
Spoon the oatmeal into bowls, sprinkle with dried fruit and nuts, if you like, and serve warm with maple syrup.
This recipe was printed from: