New Potatoes with Crème Fraîche and Chives
Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1 1/4 pounds small new potatoes, such as red or fingerling
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 6 fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Scrub the potatoes then place them in a medium saucepan. Fill with cold water to cover by an inch. Place on the stove, turn heat on to high, and let come to a boil. Lower the heat to medium so the potatoes gently simmer (low boil) until tender, 12 to 15 minutes (cut into one and take a bite to test). Drain into a colander.
Cut the potatoes in half and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the oil and spoon on a large dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream. Using scissors, snip the chives into small pieces right over the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (about 12 turns on pepper mill).
This recipe was printed from: