Smashed Red Potatoes with Chives
Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1 ½ pounds red potatoes, scrubbed (about 8 small)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- small hunk of Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chives (snipped with scissors)
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water by 2 inches and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a paring knife, 15 to 18 minutes; drain.
Smash the potatoes, one at a time, with the back of a metal spatula. Using the spatula, transfer the potatoes to a serving plate and drizzle with the oil. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the Parmesan (about 1/4 cup) over the potatoes then sprinkle with the chives, salt and pepper (6 turns on pepper mill).
This recipe was printed from: