Salad with Fresh Mozzarella, Cantaloupe & Crispy Prosciutto
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- ¼ pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 heads butter, bibb or romaine lettuce
- ½ of a cantaloupe
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon flaky sea salt or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 400°F.
Lay the prosciutto slices in a single layer on a rimmed sheet pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the prosciutto), until crisp. Let cool.
Cut up the lettuce and arrange on small platter or large serving bowl. Scoop out bite-size pieces of cantaloupe and place over the lettuce. Cut up or tear the mozzarella into small pieces and add to the salad. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter the prosciutto chips and mint leaves (torn, if large) over the salad.
This recipe was printed from: