Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (with carrot or butternut squash)
Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves Serves 2
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup carrot or butternut squash puree
- 1 tablespoon butter or trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon e.v. olive oil
In a medium bowl, mix together the cheese, vegetable puree, margarine, and salt. Spread two slices of the bread with the cheese mixture and top with the other two slices.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil. Put the sandwiches in the pan and spray the tops with cooking spray. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, until the bread is crisp and the filling is melted.
This recipe was printed from: