Warm Spinach Salad with Blue Cheese
Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- 8 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese (1 cup crumbled)
Tear off and discard the tough stems from the spinach. Put the leaves into a salad spinner, wash, spin dry (you should have 8 to 10 cups), and place in a large salad bowl.
Using a damp paper towel, wipe off the mushrooms. Trim the ends and discard. Then thinly slice the mushrooms. Add to the bowl.
Slice the onion into thin half-moons and set aside.
For the vinaigrette: Place a medium skillet on the stove. Add the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper (about 12 turns on a pepper mill) and whisk together. Turn the heat to medium. Add the sliced onion and cook, turning with tongs, until the onion is softened but still a little crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour the warm vinaigrette and onion over the salad and toss well with tongs. Crumble the blue cheese over the top and serve immediately.
This recipe was printed from: