Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serves Serves 4
- 4 medium beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 slices ciabatta or French bread (1-inch thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (about 2 sprigs)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 375°F.
With a paring knife or tomato knife (if you have one), cut out the cores from the tomatoes. Then scoop out the seeds like you would a pumpkin. Place the tomatoes in a baking dish.
Tear the sliced bread into small pieces and add to a medium bowl. Chop the garlic and rosemary and add. Grate the Parmesan and add to the bowl along with the pepper (about 12 turns on pepper mill) and the oil. Toss together so the bread is well coated.
Spoon the stuffing into the tomatoes. Bake until the tomatoes are tender and the stuffing is golden brown on top, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm.
This recipe was printed from: